Small Group Facilitation Guide
Thank you for your interest in facilitating small groups here at GRCO!
To help you in your journey, we have prepared a simple facilitator’s guide below.
Vision for GRCO Small Groups
We see GRCO small groups as a way for GRCO attendees to be part of a community centered around Jesus and to do life together. By coming together to pray, have conversations, and support each other through both victories and challenges, we believe there is unity, love and support as every person grows in grace together.
As the group gathers to behold Jesus and remember all He has done for us, we hope everyone will have the chance to share, be prayed for, and pray for others!
Small group discussion guidelines
We respect and honor the personal beliefs of every individual represented in our community—from opinions on politics, vaccines, medical information, and many other subjects of discussion. However, we seek your gracious understanding that this is not the forum or platform for those conversations. We graciously request that conversations remain focused on:
- The Person of Jesus
- Growing together in grace
- A common, shared vision to build a spiritual community where we agree to leave our differences at the door and remain Christ-centered in our interactions with each other
- Group size: Group size should not exceed 3 to 5 families (including children, immediate or extended family). If your group has gone past this number or there are more families requesting to be part of your group, please direct them back to our pastoral team at [email protected]
- Session duration: The duration for small group sessions should ideally be 60 to 90 minutes per session.
- Small group frequency: We recommend meeting every 6 to 8 weeks in accordance with our existing DCG release schedule.
- Platforms: We recommend that groups meet digitally via the different video conferencing platforms such as Zoom, Skype, or Google Meet.
Recommended small group program
Being mindful and respectful of each other’s time, each session should ideally last about 60 to 90 minutes.
Introduction [5 mins]
- Spend some time getting to know any newcomers at the session
- Introduce yourselves
- Explain the flow for the session
Worship (optional) [10-15 mins]
- We recommend having worship only if the facilitator/attendees are familiar with the necessary tech setup and have the right equipment to do worship over video conferencing platforms.
Holy Communion (where possible) [15 mins]
Where possible, lead the group in a time of holy Communion. This is a powerful reminder of the healing and righteousness Jesus has paid for each of us on the cross so that today we are forgiven, saved, and whole.
DCG Discussion [45 mins]
Small group attendees should ideally have watched the digital care group (DCG) session that will be discussed for the day. Discussion questions and activities for each DCG recording can be found on each DCG recording’s page.
Prayer & Praise [15 mins]
- Celebrate praise reports
- Share prayer requests
- Pray for each other as a group or in smaller breakout groups of 2-3s.
Close/Announcements [5 mins]
- Thank people for coming
- Inform everyone of when the next small group meeting will be
Part of the Digital Grace Revolution
Learn practical handles to own God’s Word in every area of your life with our pastors and GRCO family.
Interact with fellow grace believers and stay updated on what’s happening here at church.